BeARToysBeARToys

Main Art Reviews Stats

TRIO TRIO

Challenging? TRUE! GREAT IDEA!!

If your controlls would be working every time your score would be far higher, I suppose.
- The problem is, that you try the controlls in the first round and loose because of a mistake, so you click to start again (very addicting) but then all you can do is firing... You only get it back to work, when clicking the info window for the controlls. and that every time your restart... not very efficient,
also you should tweak the difficulty at the start, so that the player can become accustom to the controlls before failing something like shoot, rotate left, shoot, rootate left, shoot, rotate left, and then the other side.

Good job so far!

Lifeform Lifeform

First game of this kind I have seen so far. It is working fine, your controlls are easy to understand and the functions seem to work properly. You have a start and an end screen very nice!,
I don't like your artstyle, but that is just me :)
But:
- I am missing a healthbar!
- I did not know at the start, which one was my character,
- Please add some dmg idicators, so that you can see that you hit, or that you were hit,
- let the different enemie types spawn randomly so that there is some more variation

Good game!

Dolo99 responds:

Thanks for the feedback!

Abduct3d Abduct3d

Charming idea! Your art looks nice and your game is fully playable without noticable bugs, at least for me :)
Try to use a counter, when the player is ready so that there wont be any lost seconds, as you are short on time!
I played your game on PC and your screensize is not suitable for that, as the animals spawn outside of the screen :'(

Good game congrats!

174nana responds:

Thanks for the feedback.

I did try my best to iron out as many bugs as possible.

There shouldn't be any time lost as the button only appears when its ready (there is a counter).

Ya, the screen size was made for mobile and I could have made is scale but that would mean a lot more work overall and I was short of time :(

Hint: only the animals that aren't important can move or will spawn towards the edges, animal you need to abduct is always stationary and within screen. Hope that helps ;)

3 Keys for Gold 3 Keys for Gold

Congrats on finishing your game!
I like your pixelart!! The knight and the mage are well drawn, but the red guy could get some new graphis ;) It is a simple jump and run game and just the start so keep at it!
Here some tips:
- try to add an attack with the sword or it would be needless to have it.
- jumping on an enemie is not detected correctly, for exapmle if I am jumping a little to early I get hit :(,
- Add a healthbar for your character I don't know when I will die while I am playing,
- Add a progressbar so that you know how far you have come in your level,
- Add more pick ups and challenges and stay in pixelart. it looks better the graphics for the key.

But! Good work!

Something's Wrong Something's Wrong

So far as I have been playing it:
- Clear goal that is nice, plus giving a time adds presure, as the player wants to finish as soon as possible.
- Graphics could be better, but it is not really necessary as it is dark,
- try to adjust the flashlight as it is sneaking away from the player,
- something is off with the controlls as you cant walk like you did at the beginning

Try tweaking it a bit more :)

the big maze the big maze

Nice game!

- works just fine as it is please add some more levels to it :),
- the artwork can be improved by desaturatinig the colors of the walls, make your player stand out even more!,
- give some instructions in your game, like a progressbar of how many castles are left,
- invision your game without any comments could you play it? or do you know what to do?

Try working on these fields. I am sure you can do even more than this!

Star Crasher Star Crasher

How far have you come until now? I played the first level, very promising. try to adjust the controlls to react faster. I don't want to be hit because it takes ages to move.

Three Colours Force Three Colours Force

- believable graphics :),
- controlls are fine, but I am missing any instructions,
- when dead, no restart options,
- shielding lasers is possible, but not shielding enemies? kind of sad :(,
- where is the shooting button ?

Tap Tap Creatures Tap Tap Creatures

- I like this idea and its implementation,
- nice graphics!,
- not possible to play without any instructions (btw. thx ptshorts),
- why rotating the camera? it only confuses the player while looking for the next symbol

Beach Ball Beach Ball

- nice graphics!,
- reaction of the balls is to slow in my opinion,
- reading your comments before playing the game is needed to know the controlls,
- kind of complicated to controll with one hand, when not using english keyboard layout, and I am
- missing some kind of goal to play longer than 20 seconds